Providing Practical Legal Counsel from Asheville to Wilmington North Carolina
As a business owner, you always focus on the health and growth of your enterprise. Retaining trustworthy and practical legal counsel allows you to focus your efforts on meeting your business goals.
Whether you are at the dawn of a new venture, the sunset of an accomplished enterprise, or somewhere in-between, our Charlotte business law attorney can serve as your advocate, counselor, and champion every step of the way.
Our team at De Nittis Law helps you navigate legal disputes and proactively avoid future conflicts. We can help you navigate legal disputes and proactively avoid future conflicts. We assist clients in resolving legal problems that relate to the operation, structure, and regulation of your business.
Our Charlotte Business Law Attorney Can Assist Your Venture With:
- Outside General Counsel. If you are not ready to hire a full-time general counsel but are through with paying unpredictable and costly hourly legal bills, we can serve as your company's Chief Legal Officer on a scaled monthly retainer. In this role, our firm can manage corporate transactions, compliance duties, employment matters, public policy advocacy, litigation management, and more.
- Business Formation. When you are building a business from the ground up, one of the first major decisions you will need to make involves choosing the appropriate legal entity. We routinely help clients decide whether a partnership, limited liability company (LLC), or corporation will serve as the best structure for their start-up. Each legal entity has advantages and disadvantages. Our team can advise which structure is best suited to achieving your immediate and long-term goals. We can also draft the foundational legal documents you will need to register and grow your business. Our firm routinely drafts clients' operating agreements, articles of incorporation, bylaws, non-disclosure agreements, shareholder agreements, term sheets, and stock certificates.
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation. When drafting contracts, we will work to understand your specific business goals for the transaction before preparing and negotiating an agreement that works to accomplish those objectives. We will also help you understand the implications of what could happen if and when certain events occur.
- Commercial Real Estate. Our firm can assist you with purchasing, selling, leasing, and development of commercial real estate. We rely on our strong relationships with government officials, commercial real estate brokers, accountants, and developers to provide strong legal counsel in this area.
- Succession Planning.Your business needs a plan for what will happen if you retire, become incapacitated, or pass away. We can help develop and implement a clear and enforceable succession plan that aims to facilitate a smooth transition of leadership and minimizes disruptions to your company's operations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. As your business grows and circumstances change, you may find an opportunity to sell your venture or expand through acquisition. Mergers and acquisitions are an essential part of business growth, but these transactions are complex and require careful legal attention. We guide you through each stage of the process, including proposal review, due diligence, financing, and closing.
“ Our experience with Viebrock & De Nittis was excellent! We contacted them to look at a contract for us. Christopher De Nittis responded very quickly, going above and beyond.”- Shari B.
Representing Businesses Throughout North Carolina
In addition to supporting a diverse range of clients in Charlotte and across North Carolina, we also advise businesses across the United States on matters of federal law. We advise start-ups and corporate clients across a variety of industries, including FinTech, creative services, food manufacturing, professional services, retail, warehouse, franchise, consumer goods and services, and medical supplies. Our team can scale our services to the scope your business requires.
Learn more about how our firm can serve as your business's trusted advisor. Call our number 704-251-9055 or contact us onlinefor a consultation with a business law attorney in Charlotte at De Nittis Law.
How Can We Help You?
Guidance in Buying or Selling a Business in North Carolina
As a business owner or manager, choosing to sell your business is one of the most pivotal decisions you will ever make. You will need to decide how much you are willing to sell for, whether you want to sell part or all of your business, and if you wish to remain involved with the company once the transaction has been completed.
Whether you are looking to buy or sell a business, you will need to perform thorough due diligence to confirm the validity and legality of the transaction. Our Charlotte business law lawyer can help negotiate and facilitate complex purchases and sales of business assets.
Our team at De Nittis Law can represent you in each stage of a business sale:
- Preliminary Negotiations. We will work with other professionals, including accountants and appraisers to conduct due diligence and establish the company's value, assets, and liabilities. Our team will work to secure the best possible deal and clarify any issues that may arise during the due diligence investigation. We will procure all necessary approvals, including regulatory and stakeholder approvals.
- Formal Agreement. If negotiations are successful, both parties will begin to define the terms of the transaction, including the sale price. We can prepare and negotiate sale agreements and verify their validity and legality.
- Closing. Once all parties agree to the terms of the sale agreement, the closing process will begin. This involves signing and executing all relevant legal documents. Our team will facilitate the signing and notarizing of all documents necessary to complete the transaction. We will also confirm that all funds are promptly and accurately transferred to the appropriate parties.
Contact De Nittis Law Schedule a Consultation